The Best Day of my highschool career
Monday, April 30, 2007
After three years of dealing with high school I have finally come to my senior year. This is supposed to be the year that you get to relax a little more and have a lot more fun. I haven't really relaxed any, I might actually be working harder now. However I have a had a pretty good amount of fun. There will always be slow days that just drag out and pass like molases. That's when you have to do something to change things up a little bit. I did this with my friend Ron one day cause I just got tired of school. It was just a thursday so it was no big loss. But we skipped school and just went to the mall. I wasted a little more than 1/4 tank of gas, which is something I always do. Even if I shouldn't waste my gas I usually will anyway, it's a bad habbit. Anyway I instant messaged Ron and we decided to hit up the galleria. We met at Tim Horton's so that we could try to get Josh and Austin to come along. But we failed, Josh already missed too many days, and Austin just wouldn't come. Now he says that his girlfriend had said he couldn't go, but in Tim Horton's she said that she had no problem with it. So it turned out to be just me and Ron after all. We didn't really know ow to get there so we followed Austin's directions and took 39 to Springville, then took the 219 to the 90 and got of on Walden. We arrived kinda early for the mall and so we just walked around the top and bottom floor once, then went for some Mountain Dew at Target. We screwed around in target for like half an hour or so then went back to the mall and everything started opening. Of course we went into Spencer's and I let Ron smack my arm with a whip. He left some nice red marks but nothing momentous. Passing a KB Toys we had to stop and shoot some hoops on the little basketball net thing. He was just shooting alone at first then he challenged me so I joined in. For a change I actually did pretty well and beat him like 5 to 6 or something like that. Then he found this magnetic dart board in a discoveries store so we shot some darts. I was able to hold my own for a little while. But gradually my scores lowered and his got better. In the end it was my defeat. I wanted to conquer the 2 story rock wall at Dick's Sporting Goods, however it didn't open until 5 and I had to be home by 3 for work. That was a pretty big disappointment, but you can't always get what you want. I tried to convinced Ron to let me take a picture of him feeling a manacan, but he couldn't find one that he was willing to try it with because of the people nearby. Ron was in the process of looking for a new cell phone, so of course we had to stop at every booth and phone store to look at different phones. We even went into Best Buy and looked at phones. He really loves those cell phones and he wasn't sure which one he really wanted. Hell he didn't even know if he was going to stick to Verizon or switch plans. In the end he didn't buy any phone and he stuck to Verizon, but we had to have spent at least a third if not hald the time looking at hones which surprisingly wasn't too bad. We got kinda hungry so we went searching for the food court. Well I made a bet that it was one was and he said it was the other. I lost, so after I used the bathroom I had to take my two liter bottle of mountain dew between the legs. It didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would, but he messed up in recording it. Once we found the food court we didn't know what to get and just ended up ordering a pack or whatever from taco bell. They ripped me off of a burrito though and I will never forgive them. On our way out of the mall we got a little lost but not too bad. We hit the 219 again and got off to go into the Mckinley Mall. That mall is only about half the size of the Galleria and we didn't stay as long, but it was kinda fun too. Of course Ron had to look at more phones, but not for nearly as long. We hit Spencer's again and he go a key chain. So that was my whole day. A little over a 1/4 tank of gas and a day of school and all we got was a two liter of mountain dew, a key chain, and some not half bad memories. That was probably one of the best, if not the best, day of my high school career. There's a couple of days that may be better but this is a much easier story to tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home