My yearin overview
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Well here I am typing up yet another paper for English. It's actually kind of interesting and I'm enjoying looking back and trying to find things to write about. This specific entry to my senior scrap book is to be an overview of this last year. I had a decent summer so I'm going to start from the very end of last school year. I had just finished my junior year and was glad to be done and over with one more year of school. I knew that I would be working at summer recreation and shortly found out that I would be mowing my step-dad's boss' lawn as well. That was a joy, 20-30 minute bike ride uphill so that I could mow for an hour and then weed whack for 6. Summer recreation was an enjoyable job though. The children loved me and I even brought in some pokemon cards to play a couple of the participants. Mrs. Lincoln and I got along pretty well, as did I and the other staff members. Beth Moyer was working there too which surprised me a littler because I did not expect to see her there. We all had to take a CPR and First aid course but that only took a day and went by relatively quickly. Of course I visited my girlfriend over the summer but not nearly as much as I would have liked to being that I had no car and she lives 9 miles away. We're broken p now and I am dating someone else, who ironically lives above some of the recreation kids that liked me a lot. The scariest moment of my entire summer, and maybe my whole life, was this one night that I biked up to my Raechel Sikorski's house. The first time I did it I managed to hit a mailbox and now have a sweet scar by my ribs. The second, and last, time I did was a lot scarier. The ride up there was fine, however coming back two things happened that spooked me a little. First two reservation dogs gave me a little chase and stopped only when I had screamed at them from freight. The second thing was that a fog hit the fields by the road. It was really creepy and honestly scary biking down the 438 alone and in fog. My summer held other interesting pieces. For example Rob Dentice and I did the classic YMCA dance on a few street corners and by Jubilees while my brother and sister were in Maryland. I also convinced him to bu a rose and sing a sappy love song to his ex girlfriend, who I am now dating. Of course I had to go swimming. I swam with Jake and Austin and my brother which was a blast. Austin Brown actually managed to front flip off of this 10 foot wall first try into 8 foot water. By doing this he also won his soul back which he had lost the previous year in a magic card game. I had to go camping with the family every weekend of course but it wasn't unbearable. I basically just read every weekend which I love to do. As the summer dwindled gradually I had to prepare for school once again. I didn't really feel up to getting new clothes so I simply chose not to. I was excited to finally be hitting my senior year and anxious for it to be over. My mom kept telling me how important it was not to mess up in my senior year and it got a little annoying after a while. Once school got going I actually took the motive and took my road test, I passed on the first try, but barely. I was perfect calm at the start of the test. However as soon as he told me my mistake and rattled off the correction I began to get nervous. By the time I was coming around the last turn My legs and arms were shaking uncontrollably. I was surprised to learn that he passed me and could barley sign the paper due to my nervousness. Shortly after I got my license my friend quit work at the library and I took up the job. Working at the library was a pain at first because I don't enjoy doing paperwork type of things, but I got used to it quickly. Of course I was eager to get a car, so I looked and looked and found one that I liked. I think that I should have shopped more, and given another chance I would have saved my money for a little longer. But what's done is done. I got the car and am now actually in the process of painting it. But on to the rest of my year. Once school started my old buddy Ron and I started to talk more. It was good to kind of bring back an old friendship. I was excited, though I nearly never show it, that Austin was in so many of my classes. We've always had fun messing around and nobody wants their Senior year to end joyless. Well school is school, not a whole lot to say there. Sometime before Christmas I was driving in the fog to go pick up Austin. We were going to go to the library to play some cards together. I overshot is road and reversed without paying attention. Before I knew it I was in the ditch and unable to pull myself out. Since I drive a boat it was difficult to find someone to pull me out and the two people with me didn't know anyone with a truck. Becky and Ben were with me and they couldn't believe my stupidity, to this day I am still reminded of it. Finally Austin's step-dad showed up basically out of nowhere to pull me free. He was drunk and barely let me get into the car before he slammed on the gas and wrenched me out of the ditch. That night I learnt two important things. First always always check before you back up, second always use low beams in fog. Once we finally got to the library Becky's boyfriend, now ex, started asking us what took so long. We had decided to play a joke on him and lie about what took us so long. He got angry quickly and it didn't take very long before he attacked Jake Englert. Being an employee of the library I got in there and broke it up, I honestly do not remember if anyone helped me or not and if I asked the stories would all be different. Anyway I canceled the card tournament and those two were not allowed back for a few weeks. I was dating Raechel Sikorski at this time and she was furious that Becky had ridden with me to pick up and drop off Austin. That however was nowhere near the first or last time she would be jealous and that we would have rough times from it. I won't get into all of that though. Sometime in November my Senior class decided to have a 'Senior Skip Day'. The principle didn't like that too awfully much, but I had a good time. Skipped school and went up to Josh's with Austin, Ron, Shelton, and Hoca. Austin, Shelton and I left around mid-morning and stopped by Baker's house. We convinced him to tag along then went up to the old J adams building. We were gonnna walk through this trail by the tavern in Perrysburg, but instead I decided to take my big boat down the trail. It was fun off roading in my Grand Marquis and I didn't even get stuck once. On the way through the woods we were throwing around old records that I had had in my trunk from cleaning out the library basement. The greatest hit I had was this one record that flew up and landed right in a tree crotch. It was amazing, the disc was cracked but still holding steady in the tree. Once we found the right trails we got into the back building and just walked around some. The building was huge and open which was bad because of all the echoes. Three of us were going to try to get into the main building, Baker chickened out. The way we were going to take was through this service tunnel in the basement of the back building. The only problem was that the basement turned out to be flooded and the water was freezing cold. I would know being the only one willing to wade into it. A couple of workers were outside and spooked us a little bit because none of the four of us felt like getting into trouble. To avoid getting caught we went on top of an old elevator and Austin ran down to watch for the guys to leave. I know it didn't take that long, no longer than 10m minutes, but it felt a lot longer. There was no pounding heart or fierce fear of being caught. Just a general 'I hope they don't find us, but whatever'. When we finally got out of the building and back to my car a hunter was there. The man had taken my license plates number and said that he was turning me into the police to see if it was stolen or anything. He said that I was tresspassing and that I can't park my car in the woods. I was pretty nervous but that's just how I am. None of the other guys spoke up so I simply apologized and left. of course on our way out everyone of them was saying what the should have said or done. It was quite an eventful day and probably one of my most memorable. Then Christmas hit and it was the same as every year. Not a whole lot happened that I really remember. I know that my relationsip with Raechel gradually got less and less appealing to me and I broke up with her sometime in February I believe. That was a rough time for me surprisingly. I broke up with her, which lasted about a week because then I asked her back out. I drove up there at like midnight or so to ask her if she would take me back. What I recieved was a 'I was thinking about asking you out again too, but I don't think I want to.'. That wasn't all of it though. Eventually she basically said that she wanted to be friends with benefits. I actually cried on the way home that night because it felt like she had said 'I basically hate you, but if I get horny come and take care of it.'. I don't think my saddness lasted long enough honestly. Maybe I stop caring too quickly, but I moved on within the next week. I went over to Becky's that weekend I believe and I ended up getting into a lot of trouble for it, but it was worth it. Once Raechel found out she interuppted my English class crying to find out what I did and didn't do. I was basically lost on what to do about that whole episode and I basically stood there. I don't think I cared for her anymore because about 4 days earlier I had left my house at midnight to ask her back out and was solemnly rejected. Worst she said we could still be friends with benefits. I couldn't have taken that and I knew it, I think that's why I got over her extremely quickly. Now I am with Rebecca Edwards and I'm happy about it. I love being with her and we have a good time together most of the time. I am also working at thirsties now which is something I never thought I'd do. Actually I never thought I'd actually ask out becky either, but I did. In the past mponth 3 guys quit from the pizza place, thirsties, so I have had a little more work to do but it's not difficult. School's coming to a close and my mom and I have had some issues from it. All of which are my fault I suppose, but it's only a little piece of my year. My Senior year wasn't half bad considering how long it took to get to it. Now it seems like the time flew by and I find myself missing 8th grade and maybe even some of the earlier years of high school. I am ready though to leave highschool behind and carve my own path in this world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home